[Squeakfoundation]Re: Some goals for a Squeak Foundation (ducasse)

Doug Way squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 02 Jan 2002 19:47:46 -0500

Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> ducasse <ducasse@iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > I started to dream about what could do a Squeak Foundation. Here are the
> > lists of thoughts. I reduced them to the most important ones as the
> > resources will be limited.
> > - Basic tutorials for newcomers
> >
> If you like, I can do this.
> In this moment, I am expanding my tutorial (see
> http://objectsroot.com/squeak/squeak_tutorial_main.html)

One other thing to keep in mind is that there is a list of tutorials on the Swiki.  See:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/377

So, there are some tutorials out there, although some are better than others.  And of course more tutorials would be helpful.

We should keep this list up to date, though.  I already added Giorgi's tutorial to this list on the Swiki.  Also, any tutorial on Squeak should mention which version of Squeak the tutorial works with.

- Doug Way
  dway@riskmetrics.com