[Squeakfoundation]Re: Some goals for a Squeak Foundation (ducasse)

Giovanni Giorgi squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:43:20 -0100

cg@cdegroot.com (Cees de Groot) wrote:
> --==_Exmh_1223765416P
>

> dway@riskmetrics.com said:
> > One other thing to keep in mind is that there is a list of tutorials
> > on the Swiki.
>
> Yup, but I think one of them (or one for each topic...) should be 'blessed'
> someway. It removes confusion for newbies.
>
> I remember back when I wanted to learn TeX. There were a lot of tutorials, but
> there was one 'canonical' "gentle introduction to TeX". That's where you
> started, as a newbie - other tutorials, deepening some topics, came later.

I agree with you.
I'd like  "simple to understand" tutorial.
For this reason I have done my tutorial: for giving to us a small and
simple starting
point. In my tutorial, I do not say nothing of new to all the
old-squeakers...
and perhaps nothing of new to good Java programmers about O. O.
Programming...bye bye