[Squeakfoundation]Re: SqueakFoundation; get off your butts you lot!

ducasse squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:57:06 +0100

on 17/01/02 8:51 PM, danielv@netvision.net.il at danielv@netvision.net.il
wrote:

> Okay...
>
> I want to see a SqF gel up. I think the most important task for it is
> foster stable, independent Squeak packages that can be loaded or not -
> de facto modularity.

I agree !!!

> When we do get that architecture modularity in, I'll gladly help with
> what refactoring/fixing needs to be done, either to packages I'm
> involved with (Celeste, RB), or other stuff.
>
> For starters, I'll post the RB Parser, which I've separated from the
> rest of the package. If Bijan does the associated algorithms, I'm
> obliged.

Really good. Daniel, I think that I will migrate the code for my pretty
printer to the RB Parser.

One question we should have a place where all the project code is stored.
Any idea?

> Also, I think we should modularize the FileList - Stef sent a file in, I
> haven't played with it yet, but I think we shouldn't let it rust - big
> refactorings rust really quickly if not integrated.

Dan has now a more recent version so wait before starting.