[Squeakfoundation]national subfoundations?

Marcus Denker squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:22:54 +0100

Hi all!

Do we need national subfoundations?

Here in Germany we could have some major advantages:

1) Make it easier to donate. International Money tranfer is *really*
expensive. And Credit Cards are not as common in Germany as in the
US.
The best thing would be a normal german Bank account, so people and companys
can simply transfer the money they want to donate.

2) Let the government pay. This is really important.
It should be possible to get an official status that would entitle
the subfoundation to issue  "donation-receipts" which allow the donor
to reduce his taxes.
(I don't pay taxes (poor student), so I'm not entirely sure about how
this works, but I think it will be possible to set something up like
that.)

3) It's good to have a local contact person.
And it's simply the right thing to do: Companies and people are donating
money for many cases, and it would make everything much simpler if Squeak
would fit in the "normal" way of doing things.

So if we think that this is a good thing, I would volunteer to
search for more information about how to do this here in germany.

           Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus@ira.uka.de