[Squeakfoundation]national subfoundations?

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:18:29 +0100

--==_Exmh_-1342512007P

marcus@ira.uka.de said:
> Do we need national subfoundations?

I'd say for the moment let's concentrate on setting up one foundation :-). I
think the suggestion to get tax-exemption status outside the USofA is a good
one, but I think we should be able to cover the EU with a single foundation.

If it's about ad-hoc donations for people this side of the pond, it is
probably a good idea to have a bank account with a European bank later on. As
a number of people involved with SqF live in Europe, I'm quite sure we'll be
able to set something up here (one of the services of the ISP I run is payment
services, so I'll be able to setup a webpage where you can make donations by
transferring to local bank accounts or with local electronic payment methods -
thanks for bringing me to that idea).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>

--==_Exmh_-1342512007P