[Squeakfoundation]Brainstormin'

Leandro Caniglia squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:27:58 -0300

Maarten Maartensz wrote:
> True - but when I prodded the Argentinians to update their work so that it
> does work in the current Squeak (so that I could show it to some
> mathematical friends) I got no reply. (And currently I assume they are
> trying to remain alive, queueing up to get a few pesos from the bank, and
> awaiting the next Videla.)

You are right Maarten and let me express my thankfulness for
understanding our problems. Anyway I have good news. We are
currently updating our MathMorphs work. Two foundational
packages (Linear algebra and polynomials) were rewritten
from scratch, a new Probability distribution package was
recently born, and we have developed a Restricted Lie
Algebra model that is being used by a homological
algebra research group at the University of Buenos Aires.
Moreover, we have prepared an updated and enhanced version
of the MorphicWrappers that works fine in the current image.
Right now we're running against the calendar to finish our
next Squeak News active essay at time. We think we can
update many of our MathMorph projects this year while
keeping the continuity of the exciting SqueakNOS project. Of
course all these plans are going to take a while because we
are working on them in our spare time (we have "real" jobs).

/Leandro