[Squeakfoundation]New mailing list request for Bellesqueak

Paul Fernhout squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:44:49 -0500

Marcus Denker wrote:
> GNU Lighning is very similar to the low-level stuff used in the Squeak
> Jitter.

Paolo Bonzini (of GNU Lighning) cites Ian Piumarta's work as its
underpinnings,
  http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/01-06-018
but I don't know how close the instruction sets are. Any comments on
that (privately or not) would be appreciated.

Tangentially, I have a fun book from about twenty years ago called
"Universal Assembly Language" written by people at a company making a
system to write similar (though not quite identical) assembly code for
hundreds of processors.

-Paul Fernhout
Kurtz-Fernhout Software
Creators of the Garden with Insight(TM) garden simulator
http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com