[Squeakfoundation]New mailing list request for Bellesqueak

Cees de Groot squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
29 Jan 2002 00:49:10 +0100

Paul Fernhout <pdfernhout@kurtz-fernhout.com> said:
>As I have said before, I think the greatest value of Squeak has been to
>bring together a community of creative and inspired people doign neat
>things. Safeguarding and supporting that community should be of highest
>priority, and if this request damages it in any way, I will withdraw it.

If the SqF is damageable through a discussion about whether to put the SqF
flag on a project or not, we've got a serious problem.

Anyway, even though I feel compelled to write a long answer to your long post,
it's rather late this side of the pond. I'll try to fathom the general
sentiment on the list in a day or two. Personally, I'm all in favour of
'borderline experimentation', but experience has shown that I'm bad at judging
what everyone wants here ;-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>