[Squeakfoundation]What I would like to promote

Bijan Parsia squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:57:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, ducasse wrote:

[snip]
> I will try. The more I wander in the image the more I smell method on the
> wrong place. The problem is that I do not see how we could cover that we
> tests.

Hmm. Methods *living* in the wrong place need to have their distinguished
callers tested. Hmmm.

Actually, extentions to SmallLint might be the way to go. That way I could
check my code to see if it risk breakage with the moved stuff....

Or leave deprecated stub methods that recorded who called them. Then after
two or three generations, one can remove the stubs (but leave them
loadable, perhaps?)

> The first area that I would like to clean is SystemDictionary there are far
> too much responsibility there.
>
> Then I would really like to clean a bit Object but this one may have a lot
> of repercussions.
>
> Anybody else has wishes?

Yes. Celeste mostly, at the moment. It really needs to be split up, and
some of the classes it depends upon (E.g., MailDB) need, themselves to be
refactored.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.