[Squeakfoundation]What I would like to promote

ducasse squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:33:38 +0100

> Yes. Celeste mostly, at the moment. It really needs to be split up, and
> some of the classes it depends upon (E.g., MailDB) need, themselves to be
> refactored.

So celeste could be  a good testbed for a refactoring process. Have you
approach the celeste users and the people taking care of it. Could you set
up a war plan to clean celeste?

It would be good to extract celeste from the squeak image, do a call for
tests and lead a refactoring efforts. This way we could:
    - have a better celeste
    - learn in the process

I think that Celeste is "well" separated from the core so this could be
interesting to try.

Stef