[Squeakfoundation]Re: SM not in 3.2.1?

squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:24:13 +0300

[SM in 3.2.1]
Yes we need to get this cleaned up somehow - there are probably quite a
few newbies encountering 3.2 images out there.

Unless if we decide to make 3.4 *really* short, like a month, rather
than two. I don't mind either way.

goran.hultgren@bluefish.se wrote:
> :-) Yes, we need to fix the Package Loader to "treat" 3.2.1 as 3.2 when
> filtering for versions. Or something to the same effect. Perhaps just
> use "beginsWith:" instead of "="? :-) And some other things.

So basically, we'll have SM categories for image versions like 3.2, 3.3,
3.4, and they will match actual image versions like 3.2.1, 3.3a, 3.4a
and so forth?

Ok, it'll go into the next version. We will need to clean up the
extranous tags like 3.4alpha, though (I don't think we'll lose much
precision by it - anyway the category should be view as an indication,
not a promise, since we're not including update number).

Daniel