[Squeakfoundation]Harvesting infrastructure (was Re: Order of business ...)

squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:54:28 +0100

Anthony Hannan <ajh18@cornell.edu> wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned@bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > Again, we need some kind of modeling of packages. Right now there are
> > two that I have in my image:
> > * SqueakMap's card
> > * PackageInfo (previously a part of DVS, now separate).
> > I see these as being complementary; the SqueakMap deals with releases
> > and finding them, and the PackageInfo deals with code.
>
> What about classes as packages as per my recent email entitled "Class
> Dependencies".  I really think we should consider this.
>
> Cheers,
> Anthony

Well, I need some time to read your post more carefully - but my initial
reaction is that I don't really think it will work in practice. It is
simply too "fine granular". IMHO one of the whole points in talking
about packages is the fact that we indeed try to group things together
in bigger more understandable chunks.

It seems to me that simply saying class == package doesn't solve
anything.

But again, I need to read it more carefully.

regards, Göran