[Squeakfoundation]re: Basic tenets of what goes in the image

Craig Latta squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:46:46 -0800

Hi Daniel--

> > If we want to make policy, I think I would (somewhat loosely) state
> > it as simply "the released image should contain things for which
> > omission would cause confusion or inconvenience to a new user".
> > Note that, as our distribution technology changes (and we get
> > things like utterly-minimal images, pervasive network installation,
> > unloading, etc.), the implications of that statement will evolve.
>
> What you say is true, but very reasonable people may wildly disagree on
> what that statement means, and I'm trying to eliminate precisely that
> effect... :-)

	Oh, darn. :)  It was my sense of the community that, at any given
moment in time, with a particular level of release distribution
technology, the community would be able to agree on how to interpret
that policy in regard to any particular submission.

	I tried. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta