[Squeakfoundation]re: Flow integration

Avi Bryant squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:31:59 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Craig Latta wrote:

> > Personally, I'd love to use it, but it's not gonna happen (or not anytime
> > soon) if it means porting all my existing code to it.
>
> 	It doesn't. As I've said, it means temporarily using a few different
> class names.

Sigh.  So I'm working on code that uses the old Streams, and I need some
other code that uses Flow.  Ok, I change all those class names, bring in
Flow, and keep going.  Now I've finished my changes, and need to commit.
Wait - this code needs to work on a stock 3.2 image.  Need to change all
those names back before I commit.  Change them, commit and need to
continue working.  But Flow's loaded, so the code won't work until I
change all the names again...

I realize that you're saying that eventually Flow will be 100% backwards
compatible with the current streams.  Great.  When that's true, I'll be
glad to start testing it.  Until then, I can't picture the process.