[Squeakfoundation]A Gentle Introduction to the Squeak Community

Andreas.Raab@gmx.de squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:51:07 +0100 (MET)

> Andreas.Raab@gmx.de wrote:
> > <quote>
> > technically, Squeak isn't Open Source
> > </quote>
>
> Yes, Andreas - that is true.

Guys, please. Even if it may be technically correct that Squeak is not OSI
approved and therefore not Open Source (tm) Software that's no way to phrase
it. Just imagine what you would think if you read this. If that's the way
you're going to do marketing then good night. For starters change this into "not
OSI approved" instead of "not Open Source" and if someone complains then make
it "open source" (IIRC, then only "Open Source" is tm-ed). In fact, I would
say "OSI approval pending".

  - Andreas