[Squeakfoundation]Guides swiki pages and more

goran.hultgren@bluefish.se squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:44:02 +0100

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv@netvision.net.il> wrote:
> I agree -
> The SqF Swiki seems to me to be a pretty natural place to stay.
>
> I agree about roles/tasks smearing - some things make me itch to help
> move along (imag refactorings, Flow), I'm sure each of us has his, making
> the dividing lines shallow sounds like the way to make the most of it.

I don't care what people are *doing* - we all scratch our itches - just
as long as I know *which* Guide to *ask* about something!

IMHO there are a few roles that are very good to have filled - like if I
would like to help out with breaking out an app - who do I ask for
directions? By looking at the roletable I would know.

That does of course not mean that the person having that role is the
*only* one doing work in that area - but that person at least *knows*
what is going on.

Ok - this is the very, very *last* time I write about these roles. If
you guys still think it was a bad idea then by all means - we should
then *remove that page*. There is no point in having a page saying
something that we don't agree on! I for one would of course think it's a
pity that we can not explain to the community which one of us is
"guiding" what...

Now shoot. (And don't come arguing that the roles I described should be
in some other way - I have already asked for you to change them into
whatever makes you happy)

And this time - if noone speaks up I will simply remove the darn page so
that you all can just forget it and I can also forget it and stop
getting frustrated...

> I don't mind driving the release discussions. Of course, most of the ideas
> won't be mine, so people - start thinking now about something (smallish)
> that needs to be done, and a proposal on how to get it started/done in 3.5.

Good. (Then that would be nice to have as your role... Smack! [Hits
myself on forehead] Right, shouldn't talk about that any more.)

> One thing though - Scott is pushing 3.4 along quite nicely, but I think
> we should help more. When the updates were announced for Tuesday, I for
> one was date-fogged due to vacation and thought it was a weekend, and so
> "had plenty of time"... and missed it.

I try my best to help out by at least looking over the internal stream
(diffing methods) whenever anything pops up. I will also move my SM
development into that image so that I "exercise" it more.

regards, Göran

PS. Just saw that Alejandro posted a "removal" on the list. Might be
good to suck up, or collect at SM or something.

PSS. Yes, a bit irritated. But... wait, wait... yep - smile is back on!
:-)