[Squeakfoundation]3.6 MasterPlanner!?

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 6 10:18:54 CEST 2003

Hi doug

>>> * Start merging MCP's work, as they start to send it to us. Same for
>>> KCP, except I for one am less aware of what they're working on, and
>>> have
>>> less of an idea as to whether they'll have something ready to merge
>>> anytime soon.

As I mentioned in my previous email all the changes we did so far are
simple.
Using the method environment where it should be used instead of
hardcoding Smalltalk,
moving basic UI dependency in a new class SystemNavigation that can be
used by all the tools (we fixed all the old calls in the various
browsers, but the more we wait
to incorporate them the more chance we will have to look at them again.
). Clean subclass calls from Behavior (yes! a class was calling its
subclass methods!!!).
And more minor inconsistencies such as having only withAllSubclasses in
ClassDescription and other things of the same level.
Normally everything that is on the wiki page can be merged in the 3.4
image. We were hust waiting for external reviewers before proceeding.

What we are waiting from the guides is what I mentioned in my previous
email.

Stef

PS: related to the issues of package removal, I have the impression
that having a declarative syntax as the one of Ginsu would solve a lot
of problems. Having explicit representation for global variable,
pooldeclaration is needed.

Avi's monticello was a first step in that direction may be this could
be a goal that the Guides could identify as important for the community
and ask whether a group of people want to tackle.