[Squeakfoundation]Current Harvesting Process

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Apr 7 03:17:30 CEST 2003

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 04:28 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

>>> * Restart harvesting using the new process, hopefully removing some
>>> backlog.
> Some explicable process and cleaning up of swiki pages would help here.
> I tried a week or two ago and got lost in a forest of oldlinks and
> irelevant pages. And at the end I still didn't understand where to send
> code I wanted reviewed or to approve.

Okay, I finally put together a swiki page outlining what I believe to
be the current harvesting process, as was sorted out here on this list
recently:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152

Let me know if there are any problems with this.  If not, I'll post the
page on squeak-dev too.  Of course, we can refine the process as we go.

(I used the term "Harvest Master" for my role as
update-stream-incorporator.  I think Hannes came up with this... I
couldn't think of another good term.  Maybe "Incorporator"... eh.)

I think I cleaned up most of the related harvesting pages so that
they're no longer horribly out of date, and added links between pages
where appropriate.

Also, related to Stephane's thread about the Kernel group harvesting,
we need to think about how that will fit in with the process outlined
above.  I think Stephane and Daniel are on the right track... I will
try to offer extra suggestions tomorrow, but I'm up way to late here
and am about to fall asleep... :-)

- Doug