[Squeakfoundation]Current Harvesting Process

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 7 09:50:29 CEST 2003

Hi doug

Is there a special tag for the cleaning changeset. In the past I saw
[Refactoring],
do there are simply ENH but in general they do no add anything.

Stef

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 08:17 AM, Doug Way wrote:

>> Some explicable process and cleaning up of swiki pages would help
>> here.
>> I tried a week or two ago and got lost in a forest of oldlinks and
>> irelevant pages. And at the end I still didn't understand where to
>> send
>> code I wanted reviewed or to approve.
>
> Okay, I finally put together a swiki page outlining what I believe to
> be the current harvesting process, as was sorted out here on this list
> recently:
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152
>
> Let me know if there are any problems with this.  If not, I'll post
> the page on squeak-dev too.  Of course, we can refine the process as
> we go.
>
> (I used the term "Harvest Master" for my role as
> update-stream-incorporator.  I think Hannes came up with this... I
> couldn't think of another good term.  Maybe "Incorporator"... eh.)
>
> I think I cleaned up most of the related harvesting pages so that
> they're no longer horribly out of date, and added links between pages
> where appropriate.
>
> Also, related to Stephane's thread about the Kernel group harvesting,
> we need to think about how that will fit in with the process outlined
> above.  I think Stephane and Daniel are on the right track... I will
> try to offer extra suggestions tomorrow, but I'm up way to late here
> and am about to fall asleep... :-)
>
> - Doug

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html