[Squeakfoundation]Refactor tag

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Apr 7 16:45:18 CEST 2003

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi doug
>
> Is there a special tag for the cleaning changeset. In the past I saw
> [Refactoring], there are simply ENH but in general they do no add
> anything.

We probably should add an official [REFACTOR] or [REF] or similar tag to the
list of tags parsed by the SQFIXES page, since it really is separate from
[ENH], [FIX], etc.  Also add it to the list on
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/398.

Sometimes a submission will be a combination of [FIX][REFACTOR] or
[ENH][REFACTOR], in which case both tags can be used.  But some of the Kernel
Cleaning Group's submissions will probably just be pure refactorings.

How about [REFACTOR] as the tag?  [REFACTORING] feels too long (much longer
than the other tags), and [REF] feels kind of short, although [REF] would
probably be okay too.

Does this sound reasonable to you, Bert?

- Doug