[Squeakfoundation]One more Welcome window addition

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Sun Feb 9 03:07:50 CET 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Doug Way wrote:

> (btw, are there any remaining issues with the content of the 3.4 VMs?)

The only remaining issue for me is Croquet compatibility.  Given that the
BitBlt and Float changes were additions (and hence unused by the 3.4
image) pulling the changes into 3.4 would seem to me to present zero risk
while avoiding a certain amount of organisational hassle.  (I'm adding an
entirely separate section to my downloads page just for a Croquet
compatible VM, identical in all respects to the 3.4 VM except that it has
these necessary additions.)

Other than that I don't think there are any more issues for me.

I've put 3.4-gamma1 tarballs (source, plus binaries for GNU/Linux-i386 and
Darwin-PPC [X11 only]) and a RPM (i386 binary) on my release page.

Barring any serious problem reports in the next few days I will retire 3.2
from active service, promote 3.4-gamma1 to a 3.4-1 stable release and then
build the remaining tarballs, RPMs and .debs.  Until that time I would be
grateful for any and all feedback on 3.4gamma1.

Ian