[Squeakfoundation]Possible extra text for Welcome window in 3.4

goran.hultgren@bluefish.se squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:34:51 +0100

Tim Rowledge <tim@sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Doug Way <dway@riskmetrics.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:
>

> > Scott mentioned awhile ago that he would be releasing a candidate image
> > for 3.4gamma.
> This is good, as is your proposed text.

Agree - good and to the point.

> What isn't good is that I can't quite work out what we've decided will
> be in the gamma release, nor _how_ we've decided it. Perhaps it's just

I think we decided it on this list and that it includes exactly what is
in the beta! :-) Doug has taken quite some time/effort to post on the
updates we wanted to include before going into beta/gamma of 3.4 and the
basic intention behind it all was (also discussed on the list) to simply
get 3.4 out he door since it includes all the 3.3 alpha stuff (without
Modules of course) and more and we wanted to get a "quick release" so
that we can take a breath and start the real work in 3.5.

> creeping senility, or maybe it's I forgot to take the tablets. BUT the
> squeakfixes page is months out of date (at least,
> http://209.143.91.36/super/415 is)  and so are most of the swiki
> pages describing our supposed process. For example,
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/954
>
> Which leaves me a little puzzled as to how I'm supposed to proceed. What
> have I missed or forgotten?
>
> confused in silicon valley.

Well, currently the Harvesting process is more or less "down" but run
temporarily by Doug and Scott in tandem. I don't think the squeakfixes
pages are maintained currently. We do have plans on making a new good
tool for doing harvesting etc (package centric) but that is still slated
for 3.5 I think.

Please correct me if anything above is "wrong".

regards, Göran