[Squeakfoundation]re: TrueType font support and 3.6

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 15:30:33 CEST 2003

> Andreas, does this help?

Abstractly yes, concretely I'm not sure. I'll give you my take on it in the
TTF discussion:

* Is it the simplest thing that could possibly work?

I would claim so. When Yoshiki first did it I was more than just a little
surprised to see not only that he'd done it but also how simple it was. I
had been looking into this myself and there were a number of problems where
I simply had no idea how to do them (most importantly how to deal with color
changes in the text). Given that Yoshiki's code does not require any kind of
low-level surgery (such as new primitives, BitBlt combination rules etc),
yes I claim it is absolutely the simplest thing that could possibly work.

* Does it have dead code?

The one method you mentioned (and where I still don't understand the
critique about sending to super and implicitly returning self ;-) seems
unused. I've attached a fix which simply removes it.

* Does it have extensions to classes which are not strictly required?

All of the extensions are required.

* Does it break or undo other peoples work?

There is one conflict with an MCP change to which a fix is attached.

attached minor changes.

Cheers,
  - Andreas