[Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Thu Jun 26 06:28:04 CEST 2003

[WARNING: The virus "shouting to show I'm right" infected some emails]

>>> Agree as I mention in one of my early emails.
>>> 3.6 should be sexy in terms of new stuff/clean/improvements.
>>> Let us make it really sexy.
>>
>> Hmmm. And then people - WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THIS WHEN THE 3.6 PLAN WAS
>> POSTED???
>
> Ahh, that is so right. And also -
> SO WHY DO YOU WAKE UP NOW, INSTEAD OF WAKING UP A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO
> WHEN WE FIRST SAID WHAT WASN'T GOING TO BE READY, AND START REVIEWING
> LIKE THERE'S NO TOMMORROW???

Am I suscribed to the same list than you?

I'm reading email like the stef's one for weeks!

> Ok, got that out of my system, phew. Sorry ;-)

The next time try a key labeled [BACKSPACE] after shouting instead of a
simple "sorry" that doesn't help.

Try it! I used several times!

> BTW, I'm glad to see more people doing the BFAV thing, and advancing
> the process, but this doesn't clash with making a release in any way
> whatsoever. People can go on coding and reviewing and advancing Squeak
> right through beta and gamma - harvesters will simply have a slightly
> bigger pile when we enter 3.7 alpha.

The point is so simple:

- Some of us don't share the direction that squeak-guides choose.  That is,
in fact, no direction at all.
- Some of us simply don't want to acept that squeak is becoming the "next
php/python/ruby/linux" instead of the environment where the ideas and
concepts can be tried and evolved for the next 20 years.
- Before trying a fork we decided to wait for the promises of tha new
process. (It's include the SM11 configuration maps)
- We're wasting our limited time in bureaucracy instead of just creating
new stuff.
- The process is showing it's not enough to fullfit the needs of everybody.

Did you awake now?

> Daniel

Diego