[Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Jun 26 11:48:27 CEST 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> > > Agree as I mention in one of my early emails.
> > > 3.6 should be sexy in terms of new stuff/clean/improvements.
> > > Let us make it really sexy.
> >
> > Hmmm. And then people - WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THIS WHEN THE 3.6 PLAN WAS
> > POSTED???
>
> Ahh, that is so right. And also -
> SO WHY DO YOU WAKE UP NOW, INSTEAD OF WAKING UP A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO
> WHEN WE FIRST SAID WHAT WASN'T GOING TO BE READY, AND START REVIEWING
> LIKE THERE'S NO TOMMORROW???
>
> Ok, got that out of my system, phew. Sorry ;-)

Hehe, nothing like a good shouting eh? :-) Just as long as we keep the
good spirit up - I am not really angry with anyone - I just want the
plan to "count" for something. We are after all trying to establish a
healthy, regular process with 3 releases per year instead of 1.

I think we have done quite alright with 3.6 - and remember, we have a
whole month of bugsquashing ahead of us - and believe me: The network
rewrite, KCP/MCP and the full backlog of FIXes should keep us busy...

> BTW, I'm glad to see more people doing the BFAV thing, and advancing the
> process, but this doesn't clash with making a release in any way
> whatsoever. People can go on coding and reviewing and advancing Squeak
> right through beta and gamma - harvesters will simply have a slightly
> bigger pile when we enter 3.7 alpha.

Right.