[Squeakfoundation]Shepherding large enhancements

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 26 14:15:50 CEST 2003

I agree that time that goes by without us having package releases is
pain. Every update that breaks compatibility demands a fork of affected
packages, because we don't have releases to reflect the adaptation.

But this seems to be dependent only on package releases and the update
stream. How does the 3.6 release aggrevate this?

One thing you may mean is that 3.6 will be disconnected from it's
appropriate package version. My proposal was to release 3.6 as Full
only, in effect making a release of the old type, as if we hadn't done
the removals, except that the packaged application will now be updated
as packages, like the SM related packages are (PackageInfo and friends).

Daniel