[Squeakfoundation]re: reviewing the simulator fixes

Göran Hultgren goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Jun 27 15:28:59 CEST 2003

Hi guys!

Quoting Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>:
> Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
[SNIP]
> > PS:  I wouldn't even mind if the "VM" package contained the VMMaker
> > tool, too. Maybe we should just rename it?
> That would be fine with me. I did intend at one point to make two
> separate packages (VM & VMMaker) but since the VM code is pretty much
> pointless without the tools to use it I thought better of it. The only
> real cost would be finding all those places that refer to the VMMaker
> package and updating them properly. Can SM do redirection?

You can just change the name of the package!

All references should be by UUID unless we are talking about text mentioning the
package or URLs like these (but I don't think many people use these urls - most
use the UUID based ones. And SM itself surely don't mind the package changing
the name. Unless there is a bug somewhere.):

http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/packagebyname/vmmaker

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek