[Squeakfoundation] Re: Shrinking alpha image (was Re: Proposal to get to the triad)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 20 09:36:56 CET 2003

(crossposting, well - it seemed good)

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> Brent Vukmer wrote:
> > How about we just make the "expandToFullSize" script a well-publicized SqueakMap package that Doug owns.
>
> Yes, the script should probably be a well-publicized package on SqueakMap.
> There could even be a shortcut somewhere in the UI of the Basic image to
> expand to Full size.

As I see it the plan Doug has laid out seems fine. I mean, we aren't
really maintaining two images - we are maintaining the smaller one and
making sure that the "full script" works.

BUT... may I suggest that we set up a goal for 3.6 that SM1.1 is reached
before release? Otherwise this "full script" will have problems, since
it can't refer to specific versions of packages.

And btw, who of us guides should be in charge of making sure that we pin
down the list of planned things for 3.6? I have seen numerous posts on
this subject but someone needs to collect these into a "big list" that
we can condense somewhere and come up with "The Grand 3.6 Plan". In
short - who should be the "Release Boss" for 3.6? :-)

And the gist of that plan should of course be summarized on this page:
http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/79

Daniel? Tim? Ned? Craig?

Personally I would like to keep my focus at you-know-what and Doug has
already taken on enough IMHO.
I think Daniel would make a greate Release Boss... :-)