[Squeakfoundation]Network stuff

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon May 5 22:12:58 CEST 2003

Hi Guys,

It just so happens that I got (once more) bitten by some of the more ugly
parts of the current networking code and it just so happens that (once more)
Mike's Network rewrite
(http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/030feb79-34a9-4822-9a6f-d7d2e83
a0cef) fixes exactly the issues I was struggling with. I don't know if
that's up on anyone's sleeve but I would really like to see this stuff
getting into Squeak, mostly because it means that for the stuff I'm doing I
know I can rely on proper network behavior without changing its fundamental
semantics.

What are your current thoughts on this issue? The network rewrite has been
around for a while now and leaving it at SqueakMap probably means it'll rot
and die there with anyone having similar problems at hand reinventing the
solutions he's already bundled up.

Cheers,
  - Andreas