[Squeakfoundation]Network stuff

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon May 5 23:30:18 CEST 2003

Hi Andreas!

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> It just so happens that I got (once more) bitten by some of the more ugly
> parts of the current networking code and it just so happens that (once more)
> Mike's Network rewrite
> (http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/030feb79-34a9-4822-9a6f-d7d2e83
> a0cef) fixes exactly the issues I was struggling with. I don't know if
> that's up on anyone's sleeve but I would really like to see this stuff
> getting into Squeak, mostly because it means that for the stuff I'm doing I
> know I can rely on proper network behavior without changing its fundamental
> semantics.
>
> What are your current thoughts on this issue? The network rewrite has been
> around for a while now and leaving it at SqueakMap probably means it'll rot
> and die there with anyone having similar problems at hand reinventing the
> solutions he's already bundled up.

Well, since we are in alpha phase why don't we simply look it over and
get it in.

I am all for improvements. Is it simply refactorings/fixes etc? I mean,
does it lend itself well to be harvested in the light of our
conservative stance regarding bloat?

We need to "get crackin" with lots of stuff anyway so let's harvest away
and see where we end up! :-) :-)