[Squeakfoundation]Network stuff

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed May 7 10:06:55 CEST 2003

Hi all!

As I said earlier - I am all for it. Though I would still like to hear
Michael's own words on the topic first.

And - regarding the package-on-SM-or-in-image-question:

Making code better in the image does not conflict with the longer term
goal of moving that code out of the image. When it is eventually (as
everything will be) moved out into a package which someone takes
responsibility for as a Steward then naturally that code isn't going to
be maintained "in the image" at all. Obviously.

But breaking out this code from the image is probably a bit of work -
and let us pick a few other easier ones and learning the ropes before we
get into the deep end.

And while the code is sitting in the image we should of course make it
better using the normal harvesting/updates. So let's hear Michael and
then harvest this little sucker. :-)