[Squeakfoundation]Incorporating removals & KCP stuff

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri May 9 17:21:44 CEST 2003

Once and only once - code that affects packages should be distributed in
no other way than by being in the package.

This important for two reasons -
1. The package owner really should be the only one that decides about
code that goes in his package.
2. If packages depend on active Harvesting of all their stuff, that
slows down the maintainance of base itself, and the evolution of all
packages. The opposite of what we want.

Part of this is removing concerns from the Harvesters. The maximum they
should worry about packages is that when packages are updated that
affect a certain image brand (base, full), the maintainer of the image
should have the option of making the package update itself. Of course,
this can be done easily if SM in the image, which is not a problem for
Base and Full.

Daniel