[Squeakfoundation] SqueakMap in the image (was Re: Incorporating removals & KCP stuff)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed May 21 02:18:18 CEST 2003

So in other words, I think we should be able to go ahead and add
SqueakMap to the current image?  It will certainly be part of the Basic
image, and would probably toward the end of the list of items removed
from the Minimal image (after most development tools, Morphic, MVC,
etc., are already removed).

We will simply "promise" not to use the main update stream to change
code that resides in packages.  The only exception would be SqueakMap
itself, which I guess also happens to be a package.  But I don't think
that's a major problem... yes, the update stream may include major
upgrades to SM (such as SM 1.1) which simply overwrites the old package
in the image.

(Then there's Andreas' new stuff which supports update streams on
individual packages, which I haven't looked at closely yet... I'm not
sure if that would make a big difference for this particular case.)

- Doug Way