[Squeakfoundation] SqueakMap in the image (was Re: Incorporating removals & KCP stuff)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu May 22 17:25:34 CEST 2003

[Add SM into 3.6 using update stream to do package installation]
Sounds good to me. BTW, you mentioned the current update stream seems to
be leading to Minimal. I think that at least for 3.6 it should be
leading us towards Basic.

[packages for Basic, like DVS, SAR]
IMO Basic should include PackageInfo, because it is a useful unit of
filing stuff in and out that (a very lightweight replacement for one
function changesets get abused for). DVS and SAR I am less sure about.
In particular, DVS seems like it might be temporary, in the sense that
the Monticello stuff will replace it as infrastructure. OTOH, maybe I'm
just faliing to realize the benefits of how easy it is to issue an
update that installs/uninstalls well-packaged stuff. Which, BTW, we need
to define and start paying attention to - stuff that doesn't uninstall
cleanly is badly packaged, and should not be included in Basic.

Daniel