[Squeakfoundation] SqueakMap in the image (was Re: Incorporating removals & KCP stuff)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu May 22 20:22:57 CEST 2003

Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> wrote:

> Tim Rowledge wrote:
>

> > most importantly to talk to it from a 'sensible' image. Personally I think
> > that the remote part is going to end up far more important than merely
> > shrinking the image. Remote debugging, clusters of images, all sorts of
> > possibilities.
>
> Which John Sarkela has been telling us for years ;-)
> And I completely agree!
Yup, that's life. Eliot & I (and various other folk from the Manchester
Uni. group for example) were trying to get stuff like this done, with
some small success, back in 89-90. We didn't consider it actually a new
idea even then. Maybe fifteen years later we'll get around to making a
good version?

tim
I smell a wumpus.