world menu

Naala Brewer naala_brewer at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:28:35 PDT 2001

Hi everyone,

There has been some amazing work done on the plugin image.  Thanks!  The
image has a lot more multi-media and objects that the older students (7-12th
graders) are going to really enjoy working with and it is so much more
user-friendly.

I found a way to save to either the desktop or the floppy through the world
menu.  I had to find the "world menu" first.  It was annoying to the
newcomer to have the "world menu" pop-up every time there was a click on the
desktop, but I found that the students that I worked with found it to be
very useful for navigating to some of the deeper levels of Squeak.

I uploaded the saved project without any problems to a swiki.  And it worked
without any errors or problems.

Could I put in a petition to have the world menu as one of the supplies or
widgets?  My students will probably not be patient enough to go through the
sequence of pulling up the handles, clicking on the red handle and then
clicking on the "desktop menu."

Thanks for the great work on the end-user level!
Naala