A question about image versions

Michael Rueger m.rueger
Fri Apr 18 14:53:36 PDT 2003

Mike Roberts wrote:

> I've been having some problems trying to get Mark's Sound active essays
> working.  I wanted to work with them off-line so I downloaded them to file
> and tried loading them from the World menu.

Just for completeness: you can do the same by going through find and
publish (save to local disc).

> I get the same error on a #3545 3.1alpha image.  I haven't got the latest
> development image yet, so that is next on my list of things to try along

We are currently in the process of releasing a new version of the plugin
and plugin image based on the newest Squeak image. The new version
handles Mark's essays correctly.
You could use the newest development image as well or wait until the
weekend for the new squeakland release.

> I don't mind keeping different images around but I'd obviously like to use
> the one that is most useful to other people if I generate something that
> other peole might like to play with.

If you want to author content for the Squeakland community you should
use a current Squeakland image. Newer Squeak (development) images should
be backward-compatible, but not the other way round.

Michael