[Squeakland] Music and Squeak

Remi Sussan rsussan at noos.fr
Fri Aug 15 23:32:29 PDT 2003

Doug,

Perhaps you would be interested by geomaestro
(http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm) which allows to "draw"
musical compositions. Warning! geomaestro is apparently not easy to work
with (I downloaded the program, but never really tried to use it) and is
certainly NOT targeted toward children. But perhaps it is possible, for a
good programmer, to use geomaestro basic intructions, and, from them, create
a funnier and easier program for children?.

Remi

PS: interesting to that Tod Machover is at the origin of toysymphony
project. I remember having seen  his Valis opera, based on Philip K.Dick
novel, played at  Centre Georges Pompidou around 15 years ago...