[Squeakland] Music and Squeak

Doug Wolfgram doug at gfx.com
Fri Aug 15 15:13:26 PDT 2003

Thanks!

I took a look and it is exactly what I was looking for, but from first
glance, VERY difficult to use. But then as we programmers say, if it was
hard to write it should be hard to use! :)

I'll see if I can create anything useful with it.

The way HyperScore works is simple. You create a several-note 'motive'
(regular English for Motif I guess) then 'paint' the screen with it. You
can overlay several motives and then have the system auto-generate various
harmonies. It just seems like it ought to be in Squeak to me. Wish I had
the time or ability to code it up...