[Squeakland] pen trails

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri May 9 10:51:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:07:41PM -0800, Alan Kay wrote:
> However, it's also pretty clear that a more appropriate
> implementation would be to have them actually make an object of some
> kind (a SketchMorph or a PolygonMorph) that works like any other
> object. We will probably do something like this in a future version
> of etoys.

Hi,

Markus Gaelli posted something like that to the squeak-dev list
some days ago:

http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/3240.html

from preamble:

 "Change Set:            PolygonFactory
 Date:                   20 April 2003
 Author:                 Markus Gaelli

 Did you ever want to paint polygons out of the traces of your EToy-cars?

 Now it's possible.
 Just drop a polygon in the world, open a viewer on it, select the
 category 'Miscellaneous'.
 Here you can select between two new options: - setVertexFromPositionOf:
 dot
 With this one you can initialize your polygon to have only one point,
 that is the current position of the player (replace 'dot' with the tile
 of your player / car)
 - addVertexFromPositionOf: dot
 Use this one if you want to add a new point to your polygon, which is
 the current position of the player (again replace 'dot' with the tile of
 your player, probably somewhere after you just moved it a bit...)

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de