FW: [Squeakland] cannot publish a file anymore

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Mon Dec 13 18:07:55 PST 2004

Hi, Arvind,

Apparently this project had gotten into an inconsistent state
sometime before the publishing was attempted.

Since you mentioned that you've tried to publish the same project on
more than one computer, and encountered the same problem, I wonder
*what* you copied from computer to computer for the successive
trials.  Was it an earlier version of the .pr project file that *had*
been successfully published?  Or did you copy over the
squeakPlugIn.image from one machine to the next?

If you still to have a saved copy of the image in which this error
occurred, please try this:

(1)  Place the attached file into the "My Squeak" folder on the
computer that has the Squeak image with the offending project.
(2)  Start up the image that has the error.
(3)  "Install" the attached file from a filelist (hit shift-esc to
get the world menu, choose "open", then "file-list"; select the file
and then hit the "install" button.)
(4)  Choose "attempt misc repairs" from the "authoring tools" menu
(hit shift-esc to get the world menu, then choose "authoring tools",
then "attempt misc repairs.")
(5)  Now try to publish the project again.

*** Alternatively, if you could by any chance make that image
available to us on some ftp site, we could download it and take a
direct look.

If the offending image is no longer available for trying this out, of
course, this won't do your student much good -- sorry.  However,
probably the attached code, or something derived from it, will appear
in a forthcoming Squeakland update to help work around similar error
conditions in the future.

Cheers,

  -- Scott

PS:  If you have no image but do have a previously-successfully-saved
.pr file for the project, please email *that* to me privately, if you
can.