[Squeakland] collaborative uses

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 24 09:14:07 PST 2004

Hello,

I was just curious if there are any existing collaborative possibilities
with Squeak?  This is a very open-ended question, I realize, but I'm
interested in any/all aspects of it.  Well, I'm not into multiuser
gaming.  I am curious about the possibility of squeakers being able to,
say, obtain/display data from online instruments.  Or being able to
build up a regional/national database of (local) measurements - similar
to the "plot of temperatures" figure in Alan Kay's "Computers, Networks
and Education" paper?

More on the tech side, are protocols such as XML-RPC supported in
Squeak?

thanks,
Randy