[Squeakland] The "Triple Crown" for Alan Kay!

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Fri Jun 11 21:32:15 PDT 2004

Dear Squeaklanders -

I am writing to share more exciting news!

Just today, Alan was named "Laureate" (in the Advanced Technology
category) by the Inamori Foundation and will receive the 2004 Kyoto
Prize!   He's hardly had time to "come down" from the excitement of
the ACM Turing Award, which he received in New York, just last
weekend.

For more on both please see the Squeakland website, specifially these pages:

http://www.squeakland.org/images/news/html/turing03.htm
and
today's "Breaking News" story here:
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2004/Jun/1047805.htm

For more on the Inamori Foundation and Kyoto Prize:
http://www.inamori-f.or.jp/index_e.html

It's been a most remarkable year!  We are all so proud of this
recognition given to Alan.
cheers,
Kim