[Squeakland] Pausing animation?

Bob Irving irvingb at e-lcds.org
Wed Apr 27 09:05:02 PDT 2005

Thanks to Bert and Kim for the suggestions .  Actually, I was not
looking for a way to pause the script, but to slow down the animation.
Bert's suggestion about changing the tick rate on the "script clock" was
a revelation.  Who knew? (obviously not me).  And actually, Kim's idea
of adding a blank "something" to the holder was one I came up with out
of desperation in class yesterday.  I suggested it aloud and within
about three  minutes, one of my 6th-graders had done it!

All of which makes me wish that we had some serious documentation for
Squeak.  I know that it's asking the impossible for an open-source
project, where most people volunteer their time.  Perhaps if we had a
wiki for newbies, a la some Linux distros (see
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/FrontPage for an example), it would at
least serve as a central repository for stuff like this.  I realize
there already is a Squeak wiki, but most of it seems aimed at a more
technical audience than perhaps use Squeak for eToys.

Just my .02,

Bob Irving
Middle School Technology Facilitator
Lancaster Country Day School
Lancaster, PA
Blog: www.e-lcds.org/wordpress/
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." W. Edward
Deming