[Squeakland] reflection symmetry - again

Samir Saidani saidani at squeakfr.org
Mon Dec 26 11:10:00 PST 2005

Hello,

At first glance, I would say that picture treatment is something not
related to E-toy : we should be able to ask a picture (a morph
actually) to rotate itself, or to perform a symmetric reflection and
so one... So adding symmetric reflection would be a new transformation
added to the different transformations already present for Morph. So
if I would like to add such a feature to Squeak, I would start to
understand how a simple rotation could be done in Squeak (by
inspecting morph at run-time, inspecting the halo-morph) and then add
the symmetric reflection in the same way. When I will able to do this,
I would look how an E-toy communicates with its own morph (costume)
and how I could ask to the costume morph to perform a symmetric
reflection. Looking for method senders, method implementers, class
references will be valuable through this journey... It would be anyway
interesting to get morph able to perform symmetric reflection.

Good luck !

Look here : http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/cs2340/26

Samir

PS: Reply-to seems to be misconfigured in squeakland, a simple reply
does not reply to the list.