[Squeakland] selecting colors

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Sun Feb 6 18:34:30 PST 2005

I must be missing something obvious.  I've attached a simple project where
I:
1) draw an object (a disk on the left) then 'Keep' it,
2) click the paint brush again to draw another object.  When I do this the
other object (the entire world?) turns a paler shade of it original color,
so that
3) when I use the color picker to pick the color on the original object, it
actually gives me the paler shade of the color I desire; hence, the new
object (disk on the right) is the paler shade.

I'm Squeakin with 3.8.5976 on Windows XP.

On a totally unrelated topic - when I do a 'Find' -> any file, I can see all
.jpg image files listed but no .gif files.  At first I thought this might
have to do with the controversial .gif copyright issue, however then I
notice that Squeak dumps .gifs alongside .pr files.  Is there indeed a
filter in Squeak that prevents .gif files from being listed?

--Randy