[Squeakland] Help recovering, part 3

Bob Irving irvingb at e-lcds.org
Mon Jan 24 11:20:48 PST 2005

Well, I have not been able to come up with a log to show what went
wrong, though I have tried.

The only solution I can find is to tell the students to be sure they
choose the Publish As option when they save.  This is a workaround but
not really a satisfactory solution, since middle school students don't
always follow instructions!  My problem is that once they choose the
wrong option (and it's not obvious from the menu that it will be the
wrong option), it's irrecoverable and they have to start all over again.

Again, maybe I'm missing something really easy here, but I'd love to
know what it is.

BTW, in response to the following

"When we publish, we actually make a copy of the project and jump into
it so
that we can publish the real project. It is the copy of the project
(which
gets named "zzTemp" in which the grid is displayed."

How do I then avoid loading the copy of the project which is gridded?
Is there a way to load the original and go from there?  And I did try to
revert to the previous project, but the previous project had the same
problem, so that was not editable either.

TIA,
Bob Irving

Bob Irving
Middle School Technology Facilitator
Lancaster Country Day School
Lancaster, PA
"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." W. Edward
Deming