[Squeakland] sketch's color (Randy Heiland)

karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Jun 22 11:11:47 PDT 2005

Valerie Scarlata wrote:

>Randy,
>
>I have tried sticking in a color property assignment in the underlying
>code of a tiled script to try and change the color of a sketch.  It
>doesn't work.  For it to work, Squeak would have to have some way of
>identifying all pixels in a sketch, and changing the color of them.
>This functionality would help me tremendously as well. The color
>property assignment is only good for the premade circle / rectangle /
>curve objects.  I don't think a sketch is a type of object that can
>handle a color property.
>
>Maybe someone else can explain if this is even possible.
>
>Thanks,
>Val Scarlata
>Columbia College Chicago
>Illinois Institute of Technology
>

>>From: "Randy Heiland" <heiland at indiana.edu>
>>When I enter "color" into the Search bar of a sketch's viewer, I see a tile
>>called 'Sketch's color' with an assignment of a colored square.  When I
>>select "show categories" on the menu of this tile, I get "color & border".
>>However, I don't see this tile in the "color & border" category.  First
>>question - why?  Second question - and more important - why doesn't this
>>tile actually change the color of my sketch?
>>

>>Basically, I'm looking for ways of changing the color of a sketch - via
>>scripting.  Eventually I want to actually set the RGB values and realize I
>>may have to revert to the underlying text/code of a tiled script.

You could in theory use the turtle drawing to manipulate pixels in
bitmaps. Some hacking would probably be neccesary and I guess it would
be slow, the turtle going from pixel to pixel and changing it. :-)
There are no other way of using the etoy to do this that I know of. But
it should not be to hard to
do some simple bitmap manipulation tiles that interface to BitBlt and
Form etc.

Karl