[Squeakland] scripted drawing as an object?

Randy Heiland heiland at indiana.edu
Thu May 26 08:56:34 PDT 2005

Scott, Bert,

Thank you both for your verbose help!

Scott: I read in your project file and saw that, sure enough, it allows me
to do what I want.  I also realized that it actually modified my Squeakland
image - and the next time I started Squeak, your project was displayed (and
the Navigator and Supplies tabs were missing - although I realize I can
toggle them via the world menu).  I'm showing my Etoys naivety here, but
it'd be nice if, when I start up Squeak again, that the functionality
provided by your project was more subtle :)

Bert:
> 4e. Replace the text shown there:
> =====================
> setGraphicFromTrails
>      self setGraphic: Form3
> =====================
> with the following (just copy and paste):
> =====================
> setGraphicFromTrails
> self setGraphic: ((self costume instVarNamed: #turtleTrailsForm)
> ifNotNilDo: [:f | f trimBordersOfColor: Color transparent])
> Accept using Cmd-s (Alt-s on PC).

FWIW, I'm unable to copy/past into the tile/text field (I'm on Windows).
I've attached images of the steps that I take, after manually typing in the
code - basically trying to save it - but Alt-s doesn't seem to do it, nor
does using the 'Accept' in the menu.  So I'm never able to see this tile
appear in the Playfield category.

--Randy