[Squeakland] Reminder: please periodically check for/load updates

Kim Rose kim.rose at squeakland.org
Tue Nov 29 08:12:13 PST 2005

Greetings -

Now that the Squeakland "3.8-05" image  has been in the public use
for a few months, we've been informed about a few things that have
required a small change or fix.  As most of you know, we periodically
issue an "update" to correct bugs that have been found, etc.

As a reminder --  please periodically visit the squeakland.org site
and load updates.  To do this, simply click on any Etoy project and
before it opens you will receive a message, "there are updates
available, do you wish to load them now?".  Responding with a "yes"
will add available updates to your Squeak and automatically save the
image on your computer.  (You will only see this message if your
version is not completely up to date.)

To check your version, open the "world menu" (hit escape) select,
"help" and then "about this system".   The most up-to-date version is
Squeakland 3.8-05, latest update #506.

Thanks for your attention to this -- to better support you all it's
best if you are using the "latest/greatest" version.

regards,
Kim